Article provided by: Bridges of Hope Treatment Center
At Bridges of Hope, we offer a variety of highly effective rehab programs in Indiana at affordable prices. Our team of highly qualified therapists helps recovering addicts overcome their addiction condition and the co-occurring mental health issues with evidence-based modalities in a serene and supportive environment.
What is a dual diagnosis?
Over 45% of individuals suffering from substance abuse disorders also suffer from an underlying mental health issue or a behavioral disorder. This is called a dual diagnosis, and individuals battling from this condition require an integrated treatment plan to successfully overcome both substance abuse and the co-occurring mental health issue.
Without the support of a skilled clinical team and an integrated treatment plan, overcoming dual diagnosis may be impossible. Also, leaving the co-occurring mental health issue untreated can put the lives of the addict as well as the people around them in grave danger. We offer custom-tailored rehab programs in Indiana to address dual diagnosis.
Rehab programs for co-occurring mental health issues
We use a combination of treatments to help patients overcome their mental health issues, along with addiction. Some of the psychotherapies that we use include:
- Motivational enhancement - MET takes a counseling approach and helps evoke change from within recovering addicts. MET techniques work by motivating people to change their thoughts and behaviors.
- Equine therapy – This therapy requires recovering addicts to work with horses, and it helps treat conditions like depression, PTSD, anxiety, and behavioral issues.
- Dialectical Behavioral therapy - This therapy helps instill confidence and build stress management skills in recovering addicts. It is also highly effective in treating mood-related disorders.
We also use programs like yoga, mindful meditation, and other recreational programs to improve the psychological wellbeing of our recovering addicts. We use these psychotherapies in conjunction with detox, one-on-one counseling, and support groups to help our patients attain lasting sobriety.
Common mental health issues with addiction
A few mental health problems often surface alongside addiction, and in some cases, these become the underlying cause of substance abuse in individuals. Some of the common mental health conditions linked to alcohol or drug addiction include:
- Bipolar disorder - More than 50% of patients suffering from bipolar disorder struggle with addiction. This is because bipolar patients end up self-medicating the drugs to deal with the symptoms of this condition.
- Depression - Every one out of ten people in America suffer from depression, and these patients turn to alcohol or drugs to seek temporary relief from the feelings of sadness, loneliness, and hopelessness. Self-medicating with alcohol and drugs often makes depression even worse.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder - Brains of individuals who have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) produces fewer endorphins, which can tempt patients to resort to alcohol or drugs to feel better.
Speak to one of us at Bridges of Hope today for more details on our rehab programs in Indiana. We are a top-rated facility with custom-treatment programs, and we accept all major insurances. With the highest recovery percentage and the lowest relapse rates, we are the #1 drug rehab in Indiana.Rehab Programs Indiana
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
Your Facility for Rehab Services in Butte, MT
We Can Help You!
Considering a skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility can be a confusing process. Please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. We’re here to help.